NEW PANDEMIC POLICY-
(as required by the Wisconsin Department of Public Health)
Journey Together Child Care Hygiene Policy
Handwashing, Cough, and Sneeze Etiquette
Journey Together Child Care is fully committed to safeguarding the health and safety of all employees and customers. For this reason, effective immediately, all Journey Together Child Care employees, regardless of position or authority, must comply with the following personal hygiene policy:
All employees will be required to frequently wash hands with soap and warm water.
All employees shall follow proper cough and sneeze etiquette.
Journey Together Child Care is responsible for explaining to all employees how to hand wash: Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as frequently as possible. Journey Together Child Care REQUIRES all employees to wash their hands a MINIMUM of 9 times per day. This means that you need to be washing your hands OUTSIDE of the bathroom breaks as well.
Journey Together Child Care is responsible for explaining to all employees when to was hands. Employees must wash hands at a minimum:
- At the beginning of each shift
- Before interacting with other employees
- After touching masks
- When switching tasks
- WHEN PREPARING FOOD OR TOUCHING KID FOOD/SNACK
- After using the restroom
- Before and after breaks
- After sneezing, coughing, or blowing nose
- When hands are visibly solid
- Prior to leaving work
Employees are responsible for replenishing or letting the Center Director/ Administrator know when handwashing supplies are low.
Cough & Sneeze Etiquette
Journey Together is responsible for providing tissues at workstations.
Journey Together is responsible for explaining cough and sneeze etiquette to all employees. To help stop the spread of germ employees should:
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Throw used tissues in the trash
- If tissue is not immediately available, cough or sneeze into elbow, not hand.
Facility Cleaning and Hygiene Policy
Journey Together Child Care is fully committed to safeguarding the health and safety of all employees, clients, customers, and visitors. For this reason, effective immediately, all Journey Together Child Care employees, regardless of position or authority must comply with the following facility cleaning and hygiene policy.
Journey Together Child Care is responsible for explaining to all employees the cleaning protocols and frequency of all common areas.
Journey Together Child Care is responsible for explaining to all employees the proper use of cleaning supplies and safety concerns of products used.
Journey Together Child Care is responsible for explaining to all employees how to clean and disinfect after persons suspected/confirmed to have COVID-19 have been in the facility.
Journey Together Child Care is responsible for providing a cleaning schedule to all employees.
In addition, Journey Together Child Care has attached a cleaning schedule, procedures, and chemical safety concerns specific for this facility to this policy for employee review and mandate.
Person In Charge must ensure:
- All employees understand facility cleaning and hygiene procedures
- The cleaning frequency of the facility is increased, including the restrooms, (CDC Cleaning Guidelines)
- High touch surfaces (keypads, pens, counters, etc.) are disinfected multiple times a day, ideally between users.
- Only EPA approved disinfectants effective against COVID-19 are used;
- Ensure handwash sinks in break rooms and restrooms are always stocked with soap and single-use towels
- Where possible, provide hand sanitizer for customer and employee use throughout the facility and at employee workstations
- Employees do not share equipment or tools. If not possible, disinfect between users.
- Where possible, provide sanitizer wipes to employees for wiping baskets, ALL door handles, and other frequently touched areas
Employees are responsible for:
- Replenishing or letting the person in charge know when cleaning supplies are low
- Preforming cleaning as scheduled
- Using proper disinfecting supplies
Protective Measure (COVID-19) Policy
Journey Together Child Care is fully committed to safeguarding the health and safety of all employees and customers. For this reason, effective immediately, Journey Together Child Care enacts the following policy applicable to all employees, regardless of position or authority.
- Maintain six (6) feet physical distancing from others whenever possible outside of work
- Be encouraged to wear a face-covering
- Be encouraged to wear face coverings in elevators, restrooms, and other areas within the center where physical distancing is not possible.
- Limit number of employees present on the premises at any given time to Forward Dane Limits (see Forward Dane plan)
- Limit the number of children in a room at any given time to Forward Dane Limits (For Phase 1 & 2, this limits groups of children to 15 or fewer)
- Disallow comingling of groups of children
- Encourage all employees who cannot physically distance to wear face-covering if they are able
- Limit in-person meetings and use other means of communication such as Zoom, Skype, and email, that are not in person. Stagger break and lunchtimes, shift start and end times
- Remove extra chairs and tables in the dining area, waiting area, breakrooms to allow people to remain six feet apart when possible
- Provide tape, chalk or other means of marking floors/ground in high traffic areas to show people where to stand when waiting (elevators, reception area)
- Use tape or other markings on the floor or footprint graphics to show clients and visitors where to stand
- Post physical distancing signage throughout the premises reminding everyone to practice physical distancing
- Provide special accommodations for vulnerable workers or those unable to wear face-covering
4657 Verona Road • Madison, WI 53711
4657 Verona Road • Madison, WI 53711